Here are 10 things that are making me pretty happy right now:
10. I got the kids art stuff cleaned out today, bye bye broken crayons and moldy play dough!
9. Yummy homemade French Onion soup.
8. Reading Nicholas Spark’s new book The Best of Me… it is soooooo good!
7.Working on some new products for my Etsy store- covered button bookmarks
6. While I was on a roll I also cleaned and organized the girl’s books…
5. I am loving having Klint home an extra night this week thanks to President’s Day
4. Speaking of Klint, I made him this fun poster to join in on the graphic fun flying around the web:
3. I am excited to see some sorority sisters tomorrow, that makes me very happy
2. Cozy blankets with sleeping baby underneath
1. Selling 2 fairy doors on Etsy and transferring money from Paypal… that definitely makes me happy!!!
Once upon a time I was a morning person. I wasn’t just a morning person, but I was THAT cheerfully annoying morning person with animated birds flying about my head while I sing in perfect tune. Let me tell you how much my college roommate hated mornings with me. =) Now I have adopted a totally different schedule it seems. I don’t wake up until 8am most mornings and I am up until 1am almost nightly. Still, it is a struggle to get things done… the baby is up pretty late, cleaning the house is too noisy when everyone is sleeping, I just don’t want to…
Really, all I want to do is sit on my bum and crochet while watching TV or listening to my book. Is that too much to ask? Lol, I have a pop-up shop coming up and zero inventory to contribute, soooo that needs to get done asap. I have fairy door orders, Usborne book shows, dance classes to choreograph for… it is endless people! And then there is cleaning, laundry, cooking, more cleaning, pets to care for.
And yes, I am here… blogging about my to-do lists instead of knocking things off. But, since this is the one consistent thing for myself that I do I feel entitled to do it. (With the quiet I can actually hear my own thoughts and can type uninterrupted!)
Seriously, how do people with 3 kids and pets keep their houses so tidy and perfect?
Thanks to Pinterest (yes, my other addiction!) I have learned some pretty cool cleaning tricks though. For instance, did you know that if you stick a cup of water and vinegar in the microwave for 5 minutes it removes all the baked on guck? A tried and true trick- your house will reek of vinegar though, just a warning. So see, my blogging and pinning does have a purpose!
Lol, so I have no clue where I was going with this post aside from procrastinating with the cleaning and such…. Hmmm, I wonder if there are any cool pins about procrastination?! =)
Happy Friday friends!
In trying to simplify our lives, cut down on the toxins we bring in, and save a few bucks we have been trying to find better alternatives to cleaning chemicals. I am starting in the bathroom because a) it is the smallest room, b) we only have one, and c) it is the DIRTIEST place in the whole darn house!!! How is it that a room where you are supposed to get clean is so effing dirty?!
Anyhow, I came up with a method to clean the inside of the toilet that fits all the cleaning criteria and as a bonus it smells really good. Want to hear it? Two simple ingredients: Borax and lemons!!! Yes, that is all… seriously.
So here’s what I do to get a nice, fresh smelling, sparkling toilet.
1. Tell everyone that they better use the bathroom now because nothing is worse that cleaning the toilet and then someone wrecks it in a hot minute.
2. Cut the lemon in half and grab about 1/4 cup of Borax (can be found in the laundry section of your store of choice)
3. Squeeze the lemon into the toilet, dump the Borax on top, and let it sit there while you clean the rest of the
4. Stir it around, use the scrub brush on the bowl, then flush. Now you can bask for a minute in your good smelling, clean bathroom!!!
Do you try to eliminate chemicals from your cleaning routine?? What is your favorite non-toxic helper?
Project 333 update:
It isn’t being a chick and whittling down a wardrobe to only 33 items, including shoes and accessories! Not to mention the constant temptation to buy new clothing items… it is stressful, lol. After a whole morning of clearing out both dressers, the closet, and random piles of clothes strewn about, Klint and I managed to donate 3 HUGE garbage bags of clothing to the Salvation Army PLUS boxed up a bunch of things for later review. We got rid of so much that we freed up Klint’s whole dresser- impressive for me since I have a pretty large dresser and cut my clothing to about half. So what did I decide to keep you ask? Here is the list:
- PANTS: 4 pairs of jeans- 2 straight leg and 2 bootcut
- PANTS: Black pinstriped dress pants
- PANTS: Grey khakis
- PANTS: Black Leggings to go under dresses and skirts
- DRESS: Little Black Dress
- DRESS: Casual Ocean Blue
- DRESS: Layering blue flannel sundress (worn over jeans as a long shirt!)
- SWEATER: Long grey
- SWEATER: Zip up Orange
- SWEATER: Fair Isle
- SHIRT: Grey Thermal Henley
- SHIRT: Hot Pink Long sleeve
- SHIRT: Flannel Shirt
- SHIRT: Dark Brown Turtleneck
- SHIRT: Life Is Good Long sleeve Tee
- SHIRT: Turquoise Polo
- SHIRT: Fleece
- SHIRT: College Hoodie
- SHIRT: Pink Zip Sweatshirt
- SHIRT: 4 layering tees
- PURSE: Vera Bradley
- SHOES: Grey Converse
- SHOES: Vibram Fivefingers
- SHOES: AE Slipons
- SHOES: Moccasins
- SHOES: Sweater Boots
- ACCESSORY: Pink and Black Scarf
Not a bad list! Of course, there are still some things in the laundry that I haven’t taken into consideration so the list may change. But these are my favorites (plus it helps that I dance a ton and live in lounge wear, which is not counted!) All in all, a very productive morning!! Would you join in this project? Why or why not? If you are interested, click the pic above to get started!