Project 333 update:
It isn’t being a chick and whittling down a wardrobe to only 33 items, including shoes and accessories! Not to mention the constant temptation to buy new clothing items… it is stressful, lol. After a whole morning of clearing out both dressers, the closet, and random piles of clothes strewn about, Klint and I managed to donate 3 HUGE garbage bags of clothing to the Salvation Army PLUS boxed up a bunch of things for later review. We got rid of so much that we freed up Klint’s whole dresser- impressive for me since I have a pretty large dresser and cut my clothing to about half. So what did I decide to keep you ask? Here is the list:
- PANTS: 4 pairs of jeans- 2 straight leg and 2 bootcut
- PANTS: Black pinstriped dress pants
- PANTS: Grey khakis
- PANTS: Black Leggings to go under dresses and skirts
- DRESS: Little Black Dress
- DRESS: Casual Ocean Blue
- DRESS: Layering blue flannel sundress (worn over jeans as a long shirt!)
- SWEATER: Long grey
- SWEATER: Zip up Orange
- SWEATER: Fair Isle
- SHIRT: Grey Thermal Henley
- SHIRT: Hot Pink Long sleeve
- SHIRT: Flannel Shirt
- SHIRT: Dark Brown Turtleneck
- SHIRT: Life Is Good Long sleeve Tee
- SHIRT: Turquoise Polo
- SHIRT: Fleece
- SHIRT: College Hoodie
- SHIRT: Pink Zip Sweatshirt
- SHIRT: 4 layering tees
- PURSE: Vera Bradley
- SHOES: Grey Converse
- SHOES: Vibram Fivefingers
- SHOES: AE Slipons
- SHOES: Moccasins
- SHOES: Sweater Boots
- ACCESSORY: Pink and Black Scarf
Not a bad list! Of course, there are still some things in the laundry that I haven’t taken into consideration so the list may change. But these are my favorites (plus it helps that I dance a ton and live in lounge wear, which is not counted!) All in all, a very productive morning!! Would you join in this project? Why or why not? If you are interested, click the pic above to get started!
Have you heard of this? It is a project in creating a minimalist wardrobe, especially since most women only wear 20-30% of their wardrobe. Personally I can attest to the HUGE amount of dresser space that is being used up by clothes that don’t fit right, are stained by baby puke, or just don’t look good on me. I keep hoping that my post-baby body will fit into those pre-baby/marriage jeans and midriff bearing top… yeeeeah, so not going to happen without the aid of a scalpel and a lot of duct-tape.
Here is the jist of the project:
- When: 3 months
- What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
- What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or other sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
- How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of site.
- What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.
Doesn’t that sound scary and wonderful all at the same time? I would love to open my drawers and know that anything I touch is going to look good on my and be my favorite though so I am more than willing to give it a try. I am also thinking I am going to do this for AJ as well as that girl has a ton of clothes that she doesn’t wear because their not her faves.
This project has been going on since January but it is never too late to start minimalizing so I am going to start now and go from there! For more information just click here and then follow along on the blog for inspiration, tips, and hints on how to choose your 33 carefully. Want to join me in this Project??