It is no secret that I am a huge fan of lists. I make them about anything and everything that I can think of from crafts I want to make soon to reasons why the kitten is pissing me off. Most everyone has heard the term “bucket list” and even though I do have a list of things I want to accomplish before I pass on, it by no means will determine the quality of my life. These are things that I would like to do just to do them, go because I have never been, and know that I did some pretty cool things in my lifetime. I am sure that as I get older and life happens the list will change and evolve… for now I am putting things on the list that are not only do-able but involve the family as it currently is (i.e. small kids and a limited budget).
1. Go to NYC around Christmas and see a Broadway show
2. Take a vacation to Maine and eat at a real lobster shack
3. Learn how to play the violin
4. Live out in the country
5. Buy a serger and learn how to make clothes
6. Go to Kelly’s Island with the hubby for a weekend away
7. Develop a taste for wine and find a wine that I adore
8. Have a whole month where I don’t spend any money except on gas and groceries
9. Be able to run a mile without feeling like my chest is caving in, then maybe work up to more!
10. Join a local choir or show choir, just for fun
11. Plant a kitchen garden and learn how to can food
12. Bake a pie from scratch
13. Get our house to 100% natural cleaning and household products
14. Go horseback riding with the girls
15. Go to Washington with Hana for a week, just us girls! =)
There are some more I am sure that I forgot to add, but there are a few. What about you? Do you have a bucket list or a life list?
Do you think that bucket lists are useful?