Update: Well I survived 3 months with only 33 items of clothing! (Not counting my workout/lounging clothes of course) It was actually really nice to open my closet and see only clothes that I loved and stuff that fit me correctly. But, I will admit that by the last few weeks I was craving something a little different and fun. And it just so happened that it is my birthday this week so Klint was awesome and hit Old Navy’s massive sale to spice up my closet. Of course I had to then remove some items to make room for the new things, but that was fine with me!
Let’s review the rules, in case any of you want to join in the fun-
- When: Every three months (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
- What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
- What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
- How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of site.
- What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.
So here is what I have left
- PANTS: 4 pairs of jeans- 2 straight leg and 2 bootcut
- PANTS: Black pinstriped dress pants
- PANTS: Grey khakis
- PANTS: Black Leggings to go under dresses and skirts
- PANTS: Cropped black Leggings
- DRESS: Little Black Dress
- DRESS: Casual Ocean Blue Dress
- SWEATER: Crocheted long black
- SWEATER: Long grey 3/4 sleeve
- SWEATER: Zip up Orange
- SHIRT: Red Long sleeve
- SHIRT: Grey Thermal Henley
- SHIRT: Hot Pink Long sleeve
- SHIRT: Rainbow Flannel Shirt
- SHIRT: Dark Brown Turtleneck
- SHIRT: White long sleeve
- SHIRT: College Hoodie
- SHIRT: Pink Zip Sweatshirt
- SHIRT: Life is Good Long Sleeve Tee
- PURSE: Charming Charlie gold leather
- SHOES: Grey Converse
- SHOES: Black Uggs
- SHOES: Moccasins
- SHOES: Sweater Boots
- ACCESSORY: Crocheted eternity scarf
- ACCESSORY: Stars and Moon Necklace
- ACCESSORY: AE Green and Grey scarf
- ACCESSORY: Strawberry Earrings
Not bad huh? It is actually a lot more versitile than it looks and makes getting dressed really easy. I am a huge fan of this Project and it is working out nicely for me. Now, if I had to leave to go to work I might be more challenged to do this but for a stay at home mom it is wonderful!!!
If you want more tips about slimming down the clutter check out the Project website here… lots of really great ideas!