Hi everyone! Here are some things that I am seriously loving this week!
I am in love with @bodyposipanda!!! She is so full of positivity and color, self-love and body positivity education. She is brave, brilliant, and truly inspirational. I have been having a hard time lately loving my body and I need people like this in my life to pull me out of this hate cycle.
Galaxy lollipops… seriously guys, these are amazing looking!!!
I am interested in learning how to use nail stamps and these are so pretty and perfect for me. You can find these stamping plates here but definitely check out all the other designs that this website has to offer. BONUS: They have the very coveted Nail Chrome powder that people are losing their minds over!
I have been looking for some new workouts to do and I am really loving this series of dance fitness videos by RefitRevolution!
Once again Anthropologie makes me contemplate on how I can afford basically everything in their store! This candle smells divine!
One of my favorite songs from Hamilton is “Schuyler Sisters” and the girls sing along with me. I think that this is an awesome sweatshirt for someone who loves Hamilton!
I am pretty obsessed with this oil slick hair… it may be the next thing I do to change up my look!
Ok, that is it for today! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
My three girls went to NY for the weekend to have some quality time with my family. I met my mom in PA on Friday and am picking them up on Sunday afternoon. This has never happened while I was off of work, probably because I am only off of work once a year basically. When my mom asked to have the girls for the weekend my mind raced with the endless possibilities as to what I would do not only child-free but also off of work. Shopping, binge watching Gilmore Girls, lounging with a margarita, gardening… what to do??
Well this is what I did:
- I came home and promptly realized that Amelia and Moira’s room is a complete disaster area. Seriously, these two girls are dirt collecting, stuffed animal hoarding, clothes piling little fiends wrapped up in cuteness. So not only did I clean their room but I rearranged it so that the beds and the dresser have new homes.
- Well because I cleaned up the hoarders, I mean my darling daughters’, room I had piles of laundry to do so I started some, cleaned up around the washer and dryer, wiped down the table where the cats eat, threw out some empty containers.. ya know, lol, just went down to do laundry!
- I cooked myself a yummy dinner of dill tilapia and broccoli, while that was cooking I did the dishes, cleaned the counters, and tidied up the kitchen.
- I finally realized that it was late and no more cleaning was required. So I binge watched some Gilmore Girls and painted my nails, then went to bed.
- Saturday morning I woke up bright and early to lots and lots of dog puke. Apparently Spooky had an upset stomach… enough said. Big dogs equal lots and lots of puke.
- I headed to Target (yay!!!) for some more cleaning supplies and to browse at my leisure while being kid-free. It was glorious. Made even more glorious by the iced coconut milk mocha macchiato.
- Came home and gave the dogs water… which ended up with more puke… ugh!
- Klint and I then headed out to run some errands and eat lunch at one of my favorite places- Slymans… how did I not know how awesome corned beef is until recently? I managed to convince Klint to take me to Michaels and Anthropologie too while we were out so major win!
- We came home, Klint had to go to bed for work, and I decided to cook Spooky some chicken broth and rice. (My tried and true solution to dog puke)
- My final act of the night was cleaning out my awesome blue Ikea cart and organizing it. It was a mishmash of nail polish, Posh products, craft supplies… topped with cat hair.
Here are some pics of my adventures… not the puke because that would be gross!
Tomorrow is my last morning child-free…. who knows what I will do?!
As many of you know, I am a huge fan of Anthropologie. Going into the store is a mini vacation into dream land, filled with luxurious fabric and decadent trinkets. Shirts that should be hideous on paper dance before my eyes, beckoning me to lighten my wallet. However, as soon as I see the price tags that dream bubble bursts and reality slaps me in my face. $174 for a pair of jeans?! Not on this dancer’s income! So when a good DIY comes along I just have to share it with you all and give it a try!
Today’s Anthropologie DIY comes in the whimsical form of circus animals, always a plus in my book, from Flamingo Toes. This genius took a $34 Anthro necklace and DIYed it in such a cute way that I am itching to run to Michaels to get the supplies.
Here is the original:
and here is the DIY:
Personally, I think the DIY ones are way better!
Go here to check out to full tutorial and let me know if you try it yourself!
Have a whimsical day!